Campaign unsuccessfully ended on: 17 Jun,2017
During my work as a doctor, I request and take blood sampling for the necessary medical examinations. Blood sampling from children, especially newborns, is an important process and must be done in appropriate conditions to be valid in terms of oxygen concentration and other blood chemical components to get the correct diagnosis of diseases.
In fact many children have invisible and deep veins to be verified by the medical staff, that often has to prick the child more than once to get his blood sample, so I thought about a medical device that can facilitate exploration the venous network in the child arm named VeinShow.
How does VeinShow work?
Who is the beneficiary of VeinShow?
Direct beneficiaries from this device are all children patients who need venous puncture procedures, and the medical staff who perform these procedures all over the world.
What are VeinShow advantages ?
1 - Facilitates and accelerates Blood sampling from the child, rather than feeling the vein by touching.
2 - Reduces the time and effort spent in the Blood sampling process.
3 - Makes laboratory tests results more accurate, especially in emergency situations,
4. It also reduces the number of wrong attempts.
5. Thus, reducing the psychological and physical distress of the child due to repeated prick child's arm.
6 - The device also helps to save consuming medical equipment used due to repeated failed attempts.
7 - This device is in line with the World Health Organization project "Hospital without pain."
8. Could be used in all branches of medicine (out patient clinics, day hospital, laboratory, hospitalization and operation room ….ect)
Why support the production of the first prototype of VeinShow device invention?
- Save the lives of many children, especially in cases of bleeding, diarrhea, vomiting, convulsions, Shock and others emergences by accelerating fixing the venous access to administration the necessary medical treatments.
- Reducing the psychological and physical suffering of children by facilitating the intravenous exploration process and reducing the repeated un successful ago punctures.
- Relieve the psychological suffering of parents whom seeing their children underwent to Venus puncture.
- Prevent medical equipment wasting during repeated failed attempts to explore the vein, thus contributing to the reducing of health waste materials which classified as high-risk.
- Facilitates and save time of medical staff during exploring the veins of the child.
The studies preparation and defense of the device in front of international forums to obtain the patent took duration 3 years
What is the producing cost of the first VeinShow prototype?
WORK PHASE A : Conceptual Design and Product Engineering (Completed successfully and covered by inventor).
Duration: 12 Months
Stages that need funding
WORK PHASE B : Mechanical Prototype Construction
Duration: 3 Months
Cost = 15000 $
This phase leads up to the complete achievement of the prototypes with all the expected functions. In this phase the plastic parts will be produced using rapid prototyping.
The activities that will be run are:
WORK PHASE D : Final Product Engineering
Duration: 2 Months
Cost = 18000 $
this phase will be achieved: arm supports molds, a mold for electronic case and a mold for bubble wrap. A final configuration of device will be assembled and fully tested for CE and FDA certification.
The developed activities are:
We wish your contribution to realize this great humanitarian achievement
Raed Selmi, Amal Selmi
There are no updates for this project yet.