Campaign successfully funded on: 14 Jul,2017
In April 2017 an international windsurf competition was held in Dahab, with world class competitors participating. One rider showed up with nothing but his wetsuit and asked to borrow windsurfing gear from other riders in order to participate. And he won the competition without having his own equipment.
That windsurfer is Mohamed Aid.
Mohamed Aid grew up in Dahab, South Sinai in a Bedouin family and as a boy spent most of his time in the sea. One day he made friends with tourists from Europe who introduced windsurfing to him. And this is where the passion began from the young age. He proved to be extraordinarily talented in that sport learning new tricks in no time.
Now fast forward a few years Mohamed is a young man who is performing at world champion level in windsurfing. He has a title of national champion of Egypt and got 1st place in a number of international competitions held locally in Dahab. He has the capability of reaching top position in the Professional Windsurfing Association (PWA), but lacks financial resources to do so. As now professional windsurfing eqipment - both board and sails - are very expensive.
Normally riders at his level are sponsored, but to get sponsorship he needs first to have his own equipment and participate in world championships to get the recognition.
Here's where we need your help. We need funds to buy the latest windsurfing equipment and cover the costs of traveling and competing in one of the PWA events in Europe.
Mohamed Aid has a really good chance of getting top position in world windsurf. And this will be a first for Egypt - a possible Egyptian windsurfing world champion.
Having an Egyptian in such a high position in PWA ranking will help shine the light on and promote water sport tourism in Egypt which should get more recognition as one of the world's best windsurfing and kitesurfing destinations.
Hopefully this campaign will kick off Mohamed Aid's professional career as a windsurfer. After competing he should easily be able to get sponsorship to pursue the championship further.
The funds collected will be spent on:
- windsurfing equipment;
- travel and visa expenses;
- expenses during the training weeks and competition (accomodation, registration fee etc.).
FUND-RAISING Project FINAL UPDATE
my project is over – it has lasted for 2 months during which I
received all kind of support from having my project shared by
hundreds to receiving financial donations. Altogether we have raised
a total sum of around $1,700 which will be enough to cover only a
part of all my worldship championship challenge expenses. But I am
and will do my best to nevertheless achieve my target this year. And
I am still looking for sponsors and am open for your offers – I’m
particularly calling out to Egyptian companies as my #1 goal is to be
a worthy representative of Egypt internationally!
I wanna thank a lot of people:
- first of all YOU - my amazing friends by whom most of the donations were actually made and if we've never met thank you for believing in me and supporting my project financially – your help cannot be appreciated enough or expressed by words!
- all my friends’ and people’s support throughout the Interner – my posts and videos were shared & viewed by thousands, I got an article written about me and got offered help by strangers (already friends :) ) with delivering or lending equipment to compete and making a video for me, not to mention all words of support I have received. All this not only made my story heard about, but made windsurfing more popular in Egypt as well!
- all those who took part in my windsurf workshop and who’re visiting my camp in Blue Lagoon (Abo Aid Surf Camp) and taking my lessons, getting passionate about water sports. You’re the best!
of course those people without whom all this project just wouldn’t
be possible – my team “behind the scenes”: Maria Chernysheva (the
soul of communication, project visionand inspiration), Omar Waly (the
master of strategy, marketing and clear thought, my wave sailing
Daniel Isichenko ("Focus wave" video production – he've created the "face"of my project and he’s the one who’ll make your best video
ever). You’re stars!
The thanking video(s) – your rewards – are coming in the nearest couple of months as I’m preparing something special for you! Yeahhhh!!!!!!!! And those of you who’ve chosen a lesson with me can claim it any time – just give me a call or message me to arrange the date&time. ;)
If you wish to swap your reward or give it to someone else just let me know. :)
Contacts: +201065361994 email@example.com
THANK YOU ALL! ONE LOVE!Mohamed