Campaign successfully funded on: 08 Jan,2016
Because we love to give our loved ones special gifts that speak to them, and because we love to draw smile on their faces, we write them heartfelt words to remember forever. This is why we launched “Loz", a project that supports our beautiful Arabic language, and revives the culture of greeting cards that has long been forgotten.
We’re deriving our designs from the Palestinian culture and cuisine; the relationship between love and friendship, oil and thyme, lentil and onion, melon and cheese, lupines and beans, falafel and tahini, and many others. Loz is no longer about greeting cards, people are loving the designs and want them to be on other products like mugs, bags, …etc
Through Loz we’re working to make greeting cards that are cultural specific to each Arab country. And we’re aspiring to make post cards to all Arab countries in a creative way.
Loz is being sold in all Palestinian cities and in Amman. My two sisters and I are running the project, we design and market, and we sold more than 10 thousand cards during 2015. Because Loz is growing by the minute, the demand on the
greeting cards is increasing constantly. Arabs living abroad in U.S.A , Europe
and Australia are ordering these cards, and we still don’t have employees and
we didn’t contact a freight agency. All
these issues require teams to manage sales, marketing and delivery, and hence,
we are here in Zoomaal.
After establishing a committed team for Loz project, we will begin the coordination of technical workshops dedicated for talented women in Palestine, to invest their talents on real products and help them gain money.
Proposed workshops include:
1. Art and craft workshops for women with artistic talents such as painting, calligraphy and design. These workshops will include:
a. Calligraphy workshop
b. “Kobbai” workshop for drawing on mugs and plates
c. "Qawwara" workshop for drawing on pots, and recycling shoes and other things that can be turned into pots
d. Textile recycling workshop for jeans and other clothing, to use them in creative ideas
2. Making cards with embroidery from the Palestinian heritage, and cards made up of various raw materials.
3. Making tourist souvenirs, such as pin badges, fridge magnets, and new creative ideas.
4. Making Props and small signboards for weddings, birth celebrations, and happy occasions.
1. Registering Loz
as a trademark. : 2000$
2. Establishing teams to manage sales, marketing and delivery, Designer, and open an office for Loz. : 4000$
3. Arranging workshops for talented women. : 2000$
4. Development of products and cards, and exporting them abroad, and creating Cards stands for Cards shops in Palestine and Amman. : 3000$
5. Creating an online store.: 2000$
If you like the idea you can support the project financially. Help us let other prospect funders know about the project.
There are no updates for this project yet.